Panflutes and Paperwork: PREMIERE 20TH FEBRUARY, 2019
Performance dates for Panflutes and Paperwork, spring 2019:
- Saturday February 9 :: Tryout :: Theater Ann de Rijn, Arnhem (NL)
- Wedensday February 20 :: PREMIERE :: Theater Rotterdam Schouwburg, Rotterdam (NL)
- Thursday March 7 :: Oslo Internasjonale Teaterfestival (NO)
- Friday March 8 :: Oslo Internasjonale Teaterfestival (NO)
- Tuesday March 12 :: Theater Kikker, Utrecht (NL)
- Sunday March 17 :: Grand Theater, Groningen (NL)
- Friday May 3 :: Korzo, The Hauge (NL)
- Thursday May 9 :: De Nieuwe Vorst, Tilburg (NL)
- Thursday May 16 :: Lux, Nijmegen (NL)
- Saturday May 25 :: Theater Bellevue, Amsterdam (NL)
Trailer for Panflutes and Paperwork
About Panflutes and Paperwork
Panflutes and Paperwork is a collaboration between choreographer Ingrid Berger Myhre and composer Lasse Passage. Working together since 2015, Myhre and Passage have over time developed a critical dialogue around what ”creating music for dance” or ”dancing to music” is expected to be. As a duet, they playfully problematize conventional relationships between dance and music, challenging the ideas which they have to live up to. They seek assimilation without compromise.
“When the form is in place, everything within it can be pure feeling” - A.Schöenberg
Their work experiments with using scores as tools to uphold collective structure over individual skills. The title alludes to the contrast between the wet and the dry: Panflutes, on the one hand suggests the playful and passionate; paperwork, on the other, refers to notation and the bureaucratic. The performance explores the tensions between these peripheries to invent new takes on old conventions regarding the infamous choreographer-composer constellation. Myhre and Passage work with a light-hearted approach to composition and share affinities in regards to subtle humour. Panflutes and Paperwork is in many ways their formalistic approach to expressivity.
Conception and performance Ingrid Berger Myhre and Lasse Passage Nøsted Photos: Sara Anke Funded by Arts Council Norway Co-production Dansateliers Rotterdam (NL), Black Box Teater (NO), CSC Bassano Del Grappa (IT), WP Zimmer (BE) Supported by P.A.R.T.S. (BE), Rimi/Imir Senter for Scenekunst (NO) Moving Futures Festival (NL).